Thursday, March 3, 2011

It's been a few days since I've posted and thought I should update on how we are doing. To be honest, I am just out right sad for the most part. But in those moments of sadness I look at Avery's pictures, an instant peace surrounds me. At times I feel her sweet arms around me. I get a chill all around me and I know it's her and God watching over me. I still can't believe it's been 22 days since I gave birth. Last night as we were getting ready for bed, I looked at ET and said, you know, we always said we wouldn't have Avery sleep in the bed with us, but we both know that wouldn't have lasted at all! I'd give anything to snuggle with her again, and I will one day. How lucky are we as Christ's children to know we have an eternity in heaven with our loved ones who have gone before us? That Jesus died on the cross so that our sins are forgiven once we confess them to Him and by those wounds He sustained we are healed? These thoughts are what get us through, day by day. We talk to Avery nightly and tell her to get our mansion ready for us. What a glorious day that will be, to meet our Savior, and be reunited with our loved ones :)

My sister is about to pop any day now! We can not wait to meet our niece Ocie!

No comments:

Post a Comment