Monday, May 9, 2011

mothers day and 3 months

Yesterday was a very emotional day for us.

Saturday night Eric told me I needed to go to bed and give him some time to get my mother's day gift from Avery ready.

I woke Sunday morning with a note in the shape of a heart beside my cell phone from Avery! I went to the bathroom and there was a note on the mirror that said, I love you because you are beautiful like me....Eric said I had notes all over the kitchen and living room. There were ten total, all of which had a special saying, each one strategically placed. The one of walking by faith was under a shoe, the one of taking care of her daddy was under our wedding photo, the one of being a christian woman was on my bible, the one of loving her was under a willow tree figurine of a mother holding her baby close......I cried and cried. I never thought Eric had something so loving in him.

I gave birth to that baby girl 3 months ago today.

3 months ago today I laid eyes on the most beautiful girl in the world.

3 months ago today we had the biggest scare of our lives when Avery did not come out crying and she had to be resuscitated.

3 months ago today my heart melted and I never felt as much love as I did when I laid eyes on Avery for the first time.

3 months ago today my heart was crush and ripped from my chest when Avery was on the brink of death.

3 months ago today thousands joined us in prayer.

3 months ago God used Avery to knock on the hearts of many who did not know Him.

I sincerely do not believe anyone when they say time heals. Each day is more crippling for me. I miss her more than words can describe. Just when I think the pain can't get any worse it does. When that pain consumes me all breath leaves my body, I feel an ache in my chest, and my arms go numb. I find myself asking why now more than ever. Why MY baby girl. Why did MY baby girl have to suffer. Why did WE have to watch our baby girl take her last breath. We are good people. We believe in You, Lord. We begged and pleaded with You. Before Avery was born, I had many visions.....her being born with a healthy body was my fav., but the one right before her birth was me seeing her for the first time in the NICU, on the ventilator, and me sitting in a wheelchair. I feel like I "willed" what happened to her because I saw that, because I allowed myself to see that. The morning we were driving to the hospital to have her I had a feeling we would never leave with her. Call it mothers intuition or knowledge from God.....but I feel as if I did something to cause this. I know this isn't true, our God is not a vengeful God. It's just the human in me. At times I want to crawl in a hole and cry myself to sleep. When I sleep I can't feel the pain, I don't miss her when I am asleep. I can't see the pain in Eric's eyes when we sleep.

Now one to something not so deep. At my last GYN appointment she said we could start trying again in 9 months from the day we had Avery. I am super excited about this! We may wait a few months longer just so I won't be huge during the summer. I would love to have a baby in October, then we could have Halloween themed birthday parties!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for telling me about your blog. I enjoyed reading it. October birthdays are good, October 17th in particular, just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete