Wednesday, August 29, 2012

update

Today while getting my hair shaped up the hairdresser had met ET during the time of our pregnancy and loss.  While cutting my hair she shared with me another story of a mother losing a child unexpectedly and how her blog has turned into her ministry.  This stirred those feelings in me again of when people would tell me how touched they were by my blog and how strong I am, so I have decided to start blogging again. 

The past 18 months for us have been filled with joy and heartache.  We smile in the fact that Avery is in heaven, that she is not suffering, and that we will see her again one day.  All the while I can't help but tear up when I think about how if God had not called her home I would have a toddler!  A walking, talking, version of me!  I would give anything to hear her talk, to who she took after more with her personality, and what she would look like by now.  I guess I should explain that when I speak of her like this I am speaking of her being 100% normal, without any physical deformity.  We prayed so hard and so faithfully for a healing over her it's the only way I can imagine her. 

I have yet again changed jobs!  Actually twice since I last updated!  I stopped traveling and went back to my home hospital.  I took a job in our quality department and started missing patient care so I am now in our ER.  I do miss the m-f hours and weekends off but I am finding joy in what I am doing now.  Eric is now a full time professor at E&H.  They will be opening a DPT program soon so they hired him to help set it up and being their director of clinical education. 

It amazes me every time that God places me in a place or situation to let me know that Avery has not been forgotten.  I went into a patient room to discharge them and the patient said, are you, Becky Tran Coley, I said yes, then she replied, I've seen you on mutual friends facebook pages, I just wanted to let you know that I am really sorry about your little girl.  So I had to find out how she knew.  She goes to church with two sisters I went to HS with, both older than me, we aren't close but close enough to be called friends.  She said they requested prayer for us often before Avery's birth and after her passing.  I was so touched that they thought enough of me and my child to request prayer for us.

I wish I could by a megaphone that would project my voice loud enough for the world to hear so I can tell everyone about our Avery.  About how she saved our marriage, brought people closer to God, how she got someone to pray that hadn't prayed in years, and how beautiful she was! 

A friend of mine who I met through blogging, who also had a sweet baby girl with thanatophoric dysplasia, is expecting another sweet little girl!  I ask that you will join me in prayer that God will give her and her husband the comfort they need to know that this little girl will be born completely healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment